All Jacked Up Back Workout
Total Workout Time: 12 minutes
Total Calories Burned Per Set: 114 calories
Believe it or not, the back is a glamor muscle. The thing is that no one sees it until the weather starts to get nicer. If you want to increase the amount of lean back muscle you have AND define that muscle, look no further than this workout. It’s only 4 exercises. Should be easy, right? Wrong! This workout features 4 exercises that target the entire back. The trick is the way in which you’ll be completing the repetitions. Get ready because this workout is going to have you feeling all jack’d up… in a good way!
- Each exercise begins with 10 repetitions.
- Perform each of the 10 repetitions for one exercise before moving on to the next.
- Once you complete all 10 repetitions for ALL exercises, begin again using 9 repetitions.
- Continue in this descending pattern until you complete 1 repetition for each exercise.
- Descending Repetition Pattern: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Primary Muscle Group Activated: Back, Biceps
Secondary Muscle Group Activated: Forearms
- Stand underneath a pull-up bar. Wrap your hands around the bar in an overhand grip at shoulder width or beyond shoulder-width. Engage the back muscles before beginning. Be sure to brace your core.
- Pull yourself straight up using your back muscles. Once your chest approaches the bar, slowly lower yourself back down.
- Keep a slight bend in the elbows. Once you are at the bottom, begin again.
Primary Muscle Group Activated: Lower Back
Secondary Muscle Group Activated: Upper Back, Shoulders, Traps
- Come to the ground and lie face down. Position your hands directly below your shoulders while bringing your legs together and extending your feet behind. Tighten your core while focusing on keeping the hips elevated.
- Begin the movement by lifting your right arm forward and lifting your left leg behind. Hold for a count of two seconds.
- Slowly switch and lift your left arm and your right leg. Continue switching back and forth for the recommended repetitions.
WATER BOTTLE REVERSE FLY
Primary Muscle Group Activated: Shoulders
Secondary Muscle Group Activated: Upper Back
- Hold a water bottle in each hand. Stand tall and brace your core. Bend slightly at the knees. Next, bend at the hips. Lean forward until your upper body is near parallel with the ground. Let your arms hang down in front of you, palms facing each other.
- Activating your rear shoulder muscles (rear deltoids) and upper back, bring the water bottles out and to the sides.
- Pause at the top of the movement then slowly release until you return to the starting position.
Y-SHAPE ARM EXTENSIONS
Primary Muscle Group Activated: Shoulders, Traps
Secondary Muscle Group Activated: Upper Back
- Stand tall with your feet separated to shoulder-width. Brace your core. Leave your arms hanging at your sides.
- Begin the movement by bending the knees slightly. Now bend forward from the hips. Pause once your upper body is nearly parallel with the ground.
- Maintaining a tight core, lift both of your arms up and forward. Stop your arms once they get to shoulder height. Pause here before slowly lowering them back down to the starting position.
NOTE: This caloric expenditure has been determined based on what a 30 year old, 5’ 7”, 160-pound woman would burn during a weightlifting workout at moderate to high intensity. These figures will vary based on age, gender, diet, lifestyle, prior medical history, and a number of other factors.
Are you having trouble getting into a regular fitness routine?
Would you love to have a fit, buff body but never seem to be able to stick to a regular workout schedule? We can help you with that! It’s all about shifting your mindset, learning those strategies, and making smart and detailed step by step plans for achieving your goals (fitness and anything else). If you’ve never done it before, that might seem easier said than done. That’s exactly why we’ve created the 30 Day Challenge to help break down each of these strategies, teach you how to shift your mindset to optimize success, and help you make a plan that will help you actually accomplish your goals by turning them into real, lasting lifestyle habits.
Learn more about creating the most achievable goals, how to create plans, stay on track, plus worksheets, printables, & daily videos to guide you along this journey. If you’re ready to start creating your own success sign up for my Ideal Me 30 Day “Design Your Life” Challenge now!